BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — The WKU women’s basketball team tips off the first of four games in nine days at Little Rock on Sunday. The game is set for a 2 p.m. (CT) tip and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
WKU (0-2) at Little Rock (2-2)
Sunday, Dec. 13 | 2 p.m. (CT)
Little Rock, Ark. | Jack Stephens Center
WKU Game Notes
Listen (ESPNKY 102.7) – Brett Williams (play-by-play)
- The Lady Toppers are currently led in scoring by Meral Abdelgawad who is putting up 14.0 points per game. Abdelgawad also leads on the boards, pulling down 9.5 rebounds per game. Ally Collett is the second leading scorer at 11.0 points per game.
- Abdelgawad has made her presence felt on the defensive end of the court. She is racking up 8.0 defensive rebounds per game, which is the second highest rate in Conference USA and 25th nationally. Her 3.0 steals a game are also second in C-USA and 39th in the country. Selma Kulo is averaging 2.0 blocks per game, which is the second best rate in the league.
- Sunday’s matchup will be the 32nd meeting between WKU and Little Rock, with most of the matchups coming during the teams’ shared Sun Belt Conference days. The Lady Toppers hold a 24-7 advantage in the series, including an 11-3 record in Little Rock.
- Last season, the Lady Toppers and the Trojans faced off in Bowling Green and WKU came away with a 77-58 victory. Raneem Elgedawy led WKU with 22 points and 10 rebounds. Fatou Pouye had 13 points and seven rebounds in the contest and Abdelgawad had eight points.
- In WKU’s last outing, Abdelgawad notched her second career double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds along with a career high five steals. Pouye added 12 points and seven rebounds and Myriah Haywood joined the duo in double figures with 11 points, seven rebounds and three assists.
How to Follow the Lady Toppers: For complete information on WKU Lady Topper Basketball, visit WKUSports.com or follow the program via social media @LadyTopperHoops on Twitter, @LadyTopperHoops on Instagram and on Facebook at facebook.com/WKUWomensBasketball.